Hardin County Water District No. 2 strives to not only meet the requirements set forth by the federal and state governments but works to excel above and beyond those requirements. Click on the links below to view an online copy of our Consumer Confidence Report that includes our water quality results and other news. Should you have any questions, let us know.
The White Mills Microbiological Laboratory has been operating since October of 2001 providing bacteriological analyses for Hardin and surrounding counties. The lab now employs several laboratory technicians who perform hundreds of analyses each month. The samples analyzed are tested for total coliform and E. coli bacteria. Testing for total coliform and E. coli bacteria can be performed on any water sample including samples from drinking wells.
If you would like to have a sample analyzed, please contact the White Mills laboratory during the laboratory hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday at (270) 862-3213 or e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org for sampling bottles and procedures. A fee schedule for sampling analysis is printed below (not including tax).
Analysis Fee Schedule
- Total Coliform/ E. coli Public Water Supply—$18.50 per sample Well Sample—$25.00 per sample
- Coliform Confirmation Test $16.00 per sample
- Specific Bacteria Identification Test $22.00 per sample
- Heterotrophic Plate Count $30.00 per sample
- Collection Fee Inside service area—$25.00 per sample (outside area, add $23 per hour & mileage)
- Overtime Rate $23.00 per hour